Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the minimum driving age?
Alternative Rental Cars hires to 18 years plus as long as you have a valid/current drivers license.
2. Can I Use my overseas drivers license?
Yes, however your license will need to be printed in English. If it is not you will need to obtain either a translation or International driving permit.
3. Do I have to pay a deposit when making a booking?
Yes, Alternative Rental Cars does require a 10% deposit to secure your booking. This is refundable providing you cancel at least 10 days prior to pick up.
4. How can I pay for my rental?
We accept all the major credit cards (Visa, Amex, Mastercard, Dinners) Eftpos and debit cards and we also accept cash.
5. What is included in the rates on your website?
All our rental rates include GST (New Zealand sale tax), Insurance, Unlimited Kilometers and AA roadservice.
6. How can I change or cancel my reservation?
You can either email or call us on +64 9 373 3822 to change your reservation (subject to availability). If the reservation is canceled we require a minimum of 10 days notice for a full refund of your deposit.
7. How Can I extend my rental and will it change the daily rate?
Yes, you can extend your rental (subject to availability) by either emailing or calling us +64 9 373 3822. Any changes in your rental may change the rate.
8. Do you have child seats and GPS available?
Yes, we have child seats and GPS (subject to availability) just tick the appropriate box on the rental estimate.
9. Can we smoke in your vehicles?
No, all our vehicles are non smoking. Any customer returning a vehicle that has been smoked in will be charged a
cleaning fee of $80.
10. Do you charge for additional drivers?
No, you may add as many drivers as you like as long as they meet the license conditions and requirements.
* For further information, terms and conditions see the full rental agreement under “Terms & Insurance“.